Graphics card driver update
When your PC struggles to run your games, it may be time to update your graphics card. To find out what graphics card driver you currently have:
- Press Windows Key + R
- Type "DxDiag" and hit OK (might take a while to start)
- Click Display tab to view your graphics driver next to Manufacturer.
You can now go to the manufacturer's website to find the latest driver for your card. Graphics drivers are extremely important when it comes to the performance of almost any laptop or desktop PC.
Here are the links to most common graphic cards providers:
Prioritize the game to run on your NVIDIA Graphics card (NVDIA graphics installed devices only)
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop or you can find the option within the notification area of the Taskbar.
- Select Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings.
- Click on the Program Settings tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop-down list.
- Now select the 'preferred graphics processor' in the drop-down list, select High-performance Nvidia processor and click on apply.