Verify Steam Integrity
If you are missing textures or other content in game or experiencing crashing while playing a game, you can have Steam verify that the game's files are installed correctly on the computer.
- Load Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu
- Select the Local files tab and click Verify integrity of game files
- Steam will verify the game's files. This process may take several minutes
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit
Compatible Mode: (for players using Windows 11)
- Right-click on the game/ launcher(GOG Galaxy/Epic Games/ Steam) and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Compatibility tab and check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 10.
- Click Apply and run the application.
Clean Boot : A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and start-up programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. This is similar to starting Windows in Safe Mode, but provides you more control over which services and programs run at start-up to help you isolate the cause of a problem - Microsoft step-by-step guide to preform Clean Boot.