There is a chance an error has occurred while downloading/installing the game. Now that we've made sure the Launcher and the Game have the necessary privileges, let's try verifying the game's files.
This may find missing or corrupted files that need to be repaired, even if you've just installed the game. While we have made exceptions for both Launcher and the Game, sometimes it is best to also temporarily disable your anti-virus while verifying the files, installing or launching the game for the first time, as it may flag necessary files as a virus.
1. Restart your computer and launch Steam
2. From the [Library] section, right-click on the game and select [Properties] from the menu.
3. Select the “Local files” tab and click the “Verify integrity of game files...” button.
4. Steam will verify the game's files. (This process may take several minutes.)
5. Update your Graphics Drivers
Outdated drivers can cause a variety of issues ranging anywhere from the game not launching to in-game graphical problems and glitches.
For the latest NVIDIA drivers, we recommend using Nvidia Geforce Experience:
*You can also try using the Optimize setting in Nvidia GeForce Experience to see if this helps with any graphical issues.
If you still experience issues, you may want to try performing a clean installation of the drivers. To do a clean driver install, you can use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), which completely removes components that were part of the original driver installation package:
1. Run DDU and uninstall the old video driver.
2. Install the latest graphics drivers again and restart your system.
3. Run the latest DirectX installer package and restart your PC once more.
To avoid any issues, please make sure to restart your system upon completing each driver installation.6. Integrated Graphics & Laptops
In systems with both Integrated and Dedicated Graphics, there is a chance the system will default to using the Integrated Graphics to try and run the game, causing it to usually fail as it has less performance than a discrete Graphics Card and may not meet the minimum requirements.
If using an NVIDIA / Intel GPU, follow these steps:
1. Install the latest Intel integrated drivers [downloadcenter.intel.com]
2. Reboot your PC
3. Open NVIDIA Control Panel
4. Click [Manage 3D Settings]
5. Go to [Program Settings] and then select Dolmen
*If it is not in the list you can add it manually by clicking [Add]
6. Scroll down to "Power Management Mode"
7. Set it to "Prefer Maximum Performance"/"High Performance Processor" instead of "Adaptive"
8. Close NVIDIA Control Panel and launch Dolmen
If using a dual AMD “Switchable Graphics” GPU, follow these steps:
1. Open AMD Catalyst Control Center
2. Under “Switchable Graphics”, select the High Performance section and select "Dolmen"
*If it is not in the list you can add it manually by clicking [Browse]
3. Click [Apply]
4. Close AMD Catalyst Control Center and launch Dolmen
Additionally, double-check your desktop/laptop’s power settings by performing the following:
(If using a laptop, ensure the charger is connected)
1. Open Control Panel
2. Select "Power Options"
3. Select “Change Plan Settings”
4. Select “Change advanced power settings”
5. From within the dropdown menu, select “High performance” and click ‘Apply’ then ‘OK’
6. Launch Dolmen
7. Installing/Updating Visual C++ & NET Framework
One possible solution to solving issues with your game would be to make sure that you've installed the required packages for Microsoft Visual C++ and .NET Framework. You can usually find these packages at the game's location, in a folder named Redist, or at the following links:
8. Running an SFC Scan
Running an SFC Scan will check your system for corrupted or missing files and replaces them. You can learn more about this function at the following link:
The Scan can be done through the following steps:
1. Click the Start button and in the search bar, type: CMD
2. Right-click CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator.
3. Click Yes on the User Account Control (UAC) prompt that appears.
4. Once the blinking cursor appears, type: SFC /scannow
5. Press the Enter key.
6. SFC will start and check the integrity of Windows system files.
9. Clean Boot
A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and start-up programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game. This is similar to starting Windows in Safe Mode, but provides you more control over which services and programs run at start-up to help you isolate the cause of a problem - Microsoft step-by-step guide to performing a Clean Boot.
10. How to reach out to Support with the Necessary Info (DxDiag, MS Info & Save Data)
If none of the previous steps worked, please contact us directly through our customer support while mentioning which steps you have followed as well as providing us with the following files:
1. Press Windows Key + R
2. Type dxdiag and press Enter
3. Wait for the progress bar to finish loading
4. Press the Save All Information button at the bottom of the screen
5. Save the file as 'dxdiag.txt' somewhere you can easily find it, such as your desktop
6. Press the Exit button to quit this application
1. Press Windows Key + R
2. Type msinfo32 and press Enter
3. This will open the System Information window
4. Click on File in the top toolbar and select Export
5. Save the file as "msinfo.txt" somewhere you can easily find it, such as your desktop
6. Wait for the progress bar to finish, this can take a few minutes
7. Close the System Information window.
These files will give us more information about the hardware and software of your computer, and details about any problems your computer may have encountered which will help our support team diagnose and troubleshoot any issues you may be facing.